HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance which is a flagship offering from HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co Ltd is a joint venture between India’s HDFC Ltd and Germany’s ERGO International AG, the primary insurance entity of Munich Re Group. With 108 branches across 91 cities and 2,000 employees, HDFC ERGOCar Insurance is focused on providing a seamless and hasslefree customer experience. It’s large distribution network across channels like brokers, corporate agents, retail, direct sales and bancassurance; makes it country’s 4th largest private sector general insurance provider. HDFC ERGO has been awarded the ISO 9001:2008 certification for functions like Operations and Services, Claims Management and Customer Experience Management.
- ICAI Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2015- 16 under Category IV; for second consecutive year in a row
- SKOCH Order-of-Merit for Claims Survey Management at the 46th Skoch Summit.
- CMS Outstanding Affiliate World Class Service Award 2015 by Chubb Multinational Solutions
- ICRA (an associate of Mooby’s Investors Service) rated iAAA, indicating highest claim paying ability
- Awarded “Best Insurance Company in private sector – General” by the World HRD Congress at ABP NEWS - Banking, Financial Services & Insurance Awards 2014.
- International Alternative Investment Review (IAIR) awarded “Best General Insurance Company” in India for 2014.
Key Highlights of HDFC ERGO
- Round the clock support: HDFC ERGO offers 24/7 support for convenience and a hassle free customer experience.
- Zero Documentation: Availing car insurance online is devoid of lengthy procedures
- Trustworthy: With over 75 Lacs happy customers, HDFC ERGO is a recognized brand for taking care of your insurance needs.
- Transparency: HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance claims are settled with utmost transparency.
- Add-ons: wide range of add-ons available for subscribers.
HDFC ERGO General Insuranceat a Glance
- Provides a facility of 24/7 call assistance for settlement of claims
- More than 4.5 Lacs policies were issued for FY 15-16
- 99.45% of grievances resolved in FY 15-16
- Claim settlement ratio for FY 15-16 is 72.82 % across incurred claims of 124416 Lacs
- Two wheeler insurance provides an option of buying 3 years long term insurance in a single transaction
Documentation needed to apply for HDFC ERGO Car Insurance policy
- Completely filled covernote / application form with contact numbers
- Name of insured person
- Vehicle number
- Make and model of the vehicle
- Identification card
- Copy of RC book if any
- Copy of previous insurance ( for renewal)
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance plans at a Glance
- Has a network of over 900 authorize garages across the country, offering cashless claim services and automobile assistance.
- Cashless settlement done at over 2500+ convenient workshops
- Fast claim settlement process
- Toll free helpline for assistance on policy queries and claim intimations
- Provides 24 X 7 roadside assistance to help stranded clients or those who meet an accident.
- Offers online benefits with quick turnaround time and total reliability of services like claims survey, towing assistance (within city limits), claim finalization in flat 7 days and sending out automated renewal reminders.
- Personal Accident cover of Rs 50 Lacs
- Third party cover upto Rs 7.5 Lacs
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Plans
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance offers a robust, comprehensive, scalable and cost-conscious product that provides 100% protection and thereby ensures your peace of mind. A host of add-ons that provide additional protection against conditions that might not necessarily be covered in the main policy are classified into following 4 plans
- Silver Plan
- Gold Plan
- Platinum Plan
- Titanium Plan
|Loss of Use/Down time protection
|Engine and Gear Box
|No Claim Bonus (NCB) Protection
|Cost of Consumables
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Plans
- 24x7 support available round the clock for spot assistance and claim assistance
- Cashless coverage across 5000+ authorized network of garages in the country
- Third-party cover upto Rs 7.5 lacs
- Basic policy includes coverage against natural and man-made calamities, personal accident cover and liability to third-parties
- Fast and quick online purchase and instant renewal facility with simple, hassle free processing
Under this feature, the insurer provides accident cover to the person named in the policy right from the start of car insurance policy. The co-passengers or paid drivers mentioned in the policy too are covered. Beside this the policy also covers un-named individual apart from named one.
Third party liability:
Under this feature, in case of an accident to a third person involving the policy holder’s vehicle, the policy covers all the legal liabilities that would arise due to death or injury of the other party.
Additional legal liability towards paid Driver & Employee:
This feature coverspaid driver employed for the vehicle and employees travelling in or driving the vehicle apart from the driver, in case of any legalities, accidental death or disability caused to the driver.
Under this feature, policyholders are eligible to avail the full claim amount at the time of any unfortunate event. However, this excludes the cost of repair or replacement of tyres or batteries.
Bi Fuel Kit:
||% of depreciation
|Not more than 6 months
|exceeding 6 months to 1 year
|exceeding 1 year to 3 years
|exceeding 3 years to 4 years
|exceeding 4 years to 5 years
Under this feature, the CNG-LPG bi-fuel kit can also be covered as an add-on cover.
No Claim Bonus(NCB):
Under this feature, even if a claim has been registered during the policy year, the policyholder is eligible for NCB. This benefit can be availed even after 3 claims are made and if damage has been caused to the windshield glass or losses arising through external means, flood or earthquake.
Through an add-on cover, a new set of keys for the insured vehicle is delivered to the policy holder, in case the keys are lost. Also in the event of keys getting lost, the insured car is towed to a nearby safe location and kept in custody unless the owner arranges new sets of keys.
Return to Invoice:
Under this feature, the insurer pays the difference between the Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) and the actual purchase value (as listed in the vehicle’s invoice), in the case of a total loss or constructive total loss (liability is greater than 75% of the vehicle’s IDV). However, the exclusions to this rule
On site minor repairs:
For the insured vehicle, on site minor repairs pertaining to the mechanical or electrical breakdowns that render the vehicle immobile are provided.
Electrical/Non-Electrical accessories cover:
This add-on offers comprehensive coverage for accessories including but not limited to fog lights, music system etc. Also coverage against damages to fittings like alloy wheels, seat covers etc are offered.
Engine and Gearbox:
With this add-on, any damages to engine and gearbox caused due to waterlogging, oil leakages and accidental damages are covered.
Tyre change & towing: Incase the insured vehicle endures a flat tyre, the same will be replaced with the spare
tyre as supplied by the customer. And if it cannot be replaced then either the vehicle will be towed to the nearest repair shop or the customer ferried between the said shop and back to his/her vehicle.
Claim Process for HDFC Ergo Car Insurance (Step wise)
- Claims can be registered either through HDFC ERGO Mobile App or by calling customer care toll free number on 1800-2-700-700 and get a unique claim number.
- If the vehicle can be driven then take it to the nearest garage or dealer – get a repair estimate and fill up the claim form along with copy of RC and driving license of the person driving at the time of accident.
- If the garage is within HDFC ERGO’s network then cashless claim facility can be availed. However non accident related repairs, deductible and depreciation need to be paid.
- In case the garage is out of network, one has to get the claim reimbursed subsequently
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance –FAQs
1.How to renew HDFC Ergo car Insurance Policy online?
Policy can be renewed online easily without any hassle. Log on to https://www.hdfcergo.com/motor-insurance.html
and click “Instant Renewal” section on the right and enter policy number. Use your debit/credit card or Netbanking details to make the payment.
2.How can I check my HDFC Ergo Car Insurance policy status?
It’s easy to check policy status online. Click the link https://www.hdfcergo.com/customer-care/track-status.html
and provide the policy number for status.
3. How Can I buy HDFC Ergo Car Insurance online? What are the modes to pay online?
Visit HDFC ERGO’s website at https://www.hdfcergo.com/motor-insurance.html
and click “Buy Now” towards right side. It would then take you to a new page where vehicle details need to be filled up along with Coverage details. Options available both for new car and used car. Next it calculates the premium and takes you to the payment section. Online payments can be done through Debit card/Credit Card/Netbanking.
4. Can I use HDFC Ergo General Insurance branches to avail the services?
Yes, HDFC ERGO General Insurance branches can be visited to avail various services. The nearest branch address can be availed online or by calling customer care number.
5. What are the exclusions in the HDFC ERGO Car Insurance policy?
Car’s general wear and tear, electrical breakdowns, depreciation and damages caused by accidents caused under the influence of alcohol and manmade calamities are not covered by the policy.
6. Can liability only insurance policy is transferred to HDRC ERGO car insurance?
Yes, only NCB needs to be transferred to HDFC ERGO, which got accrued with previous insurer. After which you will get similar benefits that you enjoyed earlier.