Reliance Car Insurance
Reliance General Insurance
is an Indian private insurance company founded in the year 2000. It forms a part of the Reliance Group led by Anil DhirubhaiAmbani. For the year ended 31st March 2017, the company had Gross Written Premium of Rs. 4007 crores. The company has a diversified distribution network boasting of bancassurance tie-ups with major banks like Andhra Bank, Bank of India, IndusInd Bank and Catholic Syrian Bank.
RELIANCE General Insurance Achievements
- Awarded ‘Best use of Social Media in Marketing’ and ‘Marketing Excellence in BFSI sector’ at National Awards for Marketing Excellence in 2016
- Awarded ‘Best product Innovation General Insurance’ by Fintelekt in 2016
- ET Best BFSI Brands 2016
- Awarded for ‘Product Innovation for mobile pre-inspection system’ at Banking Frontiers Finnoviti Awards 2015
- Awarded ‘Promising Brand 2015’ by Economic Times
- Awarded General Insurance company of the year by Indian Insurance Awards in 2015
- Awarded ‘Best in Enterprise Mobility’ by Intelligent Enterprise Award in 2015
Key Highlights of RELIANCE General Insurance
- Reliance General Insurance insured over 3 million farmers through active participation in the Indian Government’s crop insurance schemes - PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJNA
- Incurred claim ratio of 87.3%
- UptoRs. 7.5 lac for Third-party cover
- 100% of sum insured for Personal Accident Cover
- Discounts on installation of anti-theft device
RELIANCE General Insurance at a glance
- Reliance General Insurance currently has a 7.3% market share in private sector
- Enforced by a strong distribution network across 129 cities
- Cashless service across 3800+ garages in India
- Has the largest agency channel with over 24,500 agents in General Insurance
Documentation needed to apply for RELIANCE General Insurance
- Completely filled cover note / application form with contact numbers
- Name of insured person
- Vehicle number
- Make and model of the vehicle
- Identification card
- Copy of RC
- Copy of previous insurance ( for renewal)
Reliance Car Insurance plans at a glance
Reliance Car Insurance Plans
- Roadside assistance
- Cashless coverage across 3800+ garages for four-wheelers
- Online policy renewal
- Two types of coverage – Own Damage and Third-party liability
- Addon covers – NCB Retention, Personal Accident Bundle, Car Secure Plus cover and Car Secure Premium cover
Reliance Car Insurance Add on
Personal Accident Bundle-
This feature provides personal accident coverage for the policy holder across the world, regardless of who is driving the car. The plan provides coverage in case of death (100% of Capital Sum Insured; CSI is Rs. 10,00,000), permanent total disablement (100% of Capital Sum Insured; CSI is Rs. 10,00,000), Loss or physical separation of two limbs and loss of sight for both eyes or loss of one limb and sight of one eye (100% of Capital Sum Insured; CSI is Rs. 10,00,000), or Loss or physical separation of one limb or loss of sight of one eye (50% of Capital Sum Insured; CSI is Rs. 10,00,000),
NCB Retention –
This helps to retain the No-Claim Bonus percentage irrespective of the fact if you have made a claim. This cover is advised for those with a private car older than 2 years.The NCB percentage of the vehicle should be 25% and above.
With the help of this feature, no deductions for depreciation is made on the car, except for tyres and tubes.
No Claim Bonus(NCB) –
With this feature, the car owner can receive discount during renewal of policy, if no claim has been made during the policy period. Discount can reduce premium by upto 50%.
Consumables Cover –
This optional add-on provides coverage for consumable items in case of damage. Consumable include nuts and bolts, screws, washers, grease, lubricants, clips, AC gas, bearings, distilled water, engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter and break oil.
Engine Cover –
Provides coverage for expenses incurred while fixing indirect damage done by water ingression or leakage of lubricating oil leading to loss or damage to Engine Parts, Differential Parts and Gear Box Parts.
Key Protect Cover –
Provides for cover the expenses for repairing or replacing car keys and / or locks and / or lockset, including the locksmith's charges. This is available for private cars only.
Reliance Car Insurance –FAQs
1.What does a Reliance Car Insurance cover?
It will cover eventualities of damage to car and third-party and provide financial protection for the same. Third-party cover is uptoRs 7.5 lacs while personal accident cover is Rs 2 lacs.
2.How to renew Reliance Car Insurance Policy online?
Please visit Reliance General Insurance website
https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/Insurance/Car-Insurance.aspx to renew your policy
3.What is the helpline number for claims process?
The helpline number for the claims process is 1800 3009.
4.Is there any exclusion for the cover?
Exclusions for the policy include regular wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown, damage from driving under the influence of any intoxicating substance or any other causes that are non-compliant with the limitations of use.