1) Reliance Health Gain Policy
||91 days minimum and a maximum age limit of 65 years
|Type of Plan
||Individual / Floater
||3 - 18 lacs
||Spouse, dependent children, dependent parents / parents in law. Maximum 6 individuals as a part of it, with the limit on number of adults being at 4 and children being at 4.
||1 and 2 years
Inclusions, Benefits and Features
- In-Patient Hospitalisation-Medical expenses for hospitalisation for a minimum period of 24 hours will be covered with no limits on room charges, nursing expenses and ICU charges, along with surgeon's fee, doctor's fee, anaesthesia, blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges etc. And for hospitalization less than 24 hours, medical expenses are covered a day care treatment is undertaken which might not require a hospitalized stay for 24 hours or more.
- Pre-Hospitalisation - Any medical expenses that have been incurred 30 days prior to the hospitalisation for the same illness will also be covered. This also has ambulance cover.
- Post-Hospitalisation–Similarly, medical expenses incurred 60 days after being released from the hospital and for the same illness will also be covered. Expenses such as doctor consultations, Diagnostic tests, medications etc are covered under this.
- Domiciliary Treatment–Treatment of illness done at home for a period exceeding 3 consecutive days in case of emergency, which would normally need hospitalisation will also be covered in the policy. Lower amount between 10% of sum assured and up to Rs 50,000 is covered.
- Organ Donor–Covers treatment expenses for organ donor. 50% of base sum insured up to a maximum of Rs 5 lacs is covered.
- Wellness program–Under this benefit, health care services and wellness programs with holistic solutions for healthcare needs are offered. Wellness programs can be used by both individuals and corporates.
- Annual Health Checkup–As a preventive measure, this policy provides Annual Health Check-up for policyholder and all members covered by under the policy, including children.
- Reinstate the policy–This policy enables reinstate the entire Sum Insured amount if you ever run out of your health cover due to claims made. This additional amount can be used by you or by any other insured member for treatment of any ailment.
|Domestic Road Ambulance
||Upto Rs 1500
||Upto Rs 3000
|Policy service guarantee
||sum insured of Rs 10000 for delay in policy issuance
||sum insured of Rs 20000 for delay in policy issuance
|Accidental Death Cover for No Claim Renewal
||Rs 1 Lac Personal Accident and Death cover for policyholder
||One time renewal premium waiver if the policyholder suffers from named critical illness
2) Reliance Health Critical Illness Policy
||Minimum of 18 years and at maximum age of 65 years
|Type of Plan
||5 lacs / 7 lacs / 10 lacs
||Life threatening illnesses and lifestyle disabling sufferings
||1 or 3 years
Inclusions, Benefits and Features
- In-Patient Hospitalisation
- Domiciliary Treatment
- Organ Donor Expenses
- Online policy payment without any paperwork
- Coverage for 10 Critical Illnesses/Surgeries
- Lumpsum payment enables you to plan the treatment accordingly
- No medical test up to 45 years of age
- Subject to survival above 30 days and 60 days after diagnosis of the illness for Category 1 and Category 2 respectively
- Category 1 (Life threatening) covers cancer, major organ transplant, third degree burn, multiple sclerosis, aorta graft surgery
- Category 2 (lifestyle disabling) includes Heart Valve Replacement or repair, coma from specified severity, total blindness, coma quadriplegia, end stage renal disease.
3) Reliance Personal Accident Policy
||5 to 70 years; insured persons can be considered children between the ages 5 years. and 25 years
|Type of Plan
||Individual + Family package
Single insured : As a percentage of the chosen sum assured
Spouse : chosen sum assured (if employed); lower of Rs 1 lac and 50% sum assured for each dependent child (if unemployed)
||Self, spouse, dependent children.
Inclusions, Benefits and Features
- Complete cover for accidental death and permanent disability
- Extension for medical expenses
- Carriage of mortal remains
- Worldwide coverage round the clock
- Off-duty and On-duty cover
- Benefit up to 40% of the compensation paid in settlement of a valid claim under the policy or 20% of the relevant sum insured or actuals, whichever is less.
Reliance Health Exclusions:
- There is an initial waiting period of 30 days for all illnesses except an accidental injury
- Diseases such as HIV / AIDS or STDs
- Outside India or Robotic or Stem Cells
- Non-allopathic, diagnostics , self-medication, unproven treatments
- Congenital disease treatments
- Pregnancy related treatments
- Hospitalisation due to a war or nuclear threat
- Medical expense incurred due to alcohol or drug abuse
- Self-inflicted injuries and suicide attempts
- Weight management services and treatment of obesity
- Cost of spectacles, contact lenses and hearing aids
- Biological attacks
- Treatment of mental illness, stress, psychiatric or psychological disorders
- Dental treatment or surgery
Reliance Health Login:
- For Individuals: Log into the Reliance Health Insurance website with your name, email ID, and mobile number
- For Corporate Employees: Register with your Member ID and Employee ID.
- For Corporate Administrators: Register using their Policy Number and Group ID.
- For Sales Partner: Register using Agent Code and Date of Birth.
- Brokers or Corporate Agencies: Register with Broker or Agency Code and Date of Joining.
- Using Social media: You can also sign in with your Facebook, Gmail or mobile connect log-in.
Reliance Health Insurance Renewal:
- Log into the Reliance Health Insurance website with your email or member ID and password. You can also login using your policy number.
- Enter the exact policy number as mentioned in the policy schedule.
- Enter your age on the renewal calculator to get the renewal premium.
- You can choose a different policy, altering the sum insured, add or remove dependants, alter rider policy, and edit policy term.
- The policy schedule contains a unique policy number which changes every year on renewal.
- Renewal payment can be made 60 days prior to the policy expiry date.
- There is a 30day grace period within which to renew your policy without losing benefits
- You can also opt to renew your policy through an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and use the direct payment link. Contact 1800-3009(Toll Free) for more details. There’s a dedicated line for Senior Citizen 022-33834185.
- Email can be send for further details to email@example.com
Reliance Health Insurance Claim Settlement:
|Visit a network hospital of the insurer to avail cashless treatment.
||If the cashless claim is denied, the insured member can get treated and file for a reimbursement claim after discharge.
|Display your health card at the network hospital help desk.
||Submit the claim form along with the medical documents within 15 days of your discharge from the hospital.
|Intimate the insurer within 24 hours of unplanned hospitalisation and 48 hours prior to your planned hospitalisation.
||Claims can be registered at the insurer's customer service centre or any of the branch offices through an application, call, email or in person.
|The hospital will verify your identity details and submit a duly-filled and signed pre-authorisation request form to the insurer.
||To register a claim provide your contact details, name of the insured member, policy number, date and time of the problem, nature of the problem, and location of the problem.
|After verification of the pre-authorisation request, the insurer will send an approval letter to the network hospital.
||Upon successful verification and approval, the claim amount will be sent to the proposer in the form of a cheque within 30 days of receipt of the documents.
|The hospital will proceed with the cashless treatment for the insured member. The insurer will settle the bill directly with the hospital. The insured has to pay those bills that are not covered under the policy.
||For any claim-related queries, call 1800-3009 (Toll Free) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reliance Health Insurance FAQs:
1) How Reliance Health Insurance policyholders can get in touch with the insurer for any policy-related queries?
You can get in touch with the insurer by filling out a simple online form or calling the customer support centre on toll-free number 1800-3009. You can also mail the insurer with your queries to this email ID email@example.com. A Call back request can also be placed online.
2) What is Wellness Program from Reliance Health?
This program from Reliance health can be used by individuals and corporates, who care deeply for their employees' health. Offers health cards offering discounts and free services in India at any of the 1500+ health and lifestyle places, who have partnered with us.
3) How can I add a family members to my existing policy?
You can download Change Request form from the Reliance Health Insurance website, fill it, and submit it at the nearest branch office along with additional premium. Mid-term policy addition is allowed only for a new born baby or newly-wed spouse.
4) How can I increase the sum insured of my Reliance Health Insurance?
You can download the Change Request form from the Reliance Health Insurance website, fill it, and submit it at the nearest branch office along with the revised premium. Sum insured can be increased or decreased only at the time of renewal and not during the policy tenure. In the case of health insurance portability, sum insured cannot be enhanced if there’s a claim in the previous policy.
5) What is Re-instatement in the Reliance Health Plan?
If you exhaust your entire sum insured and cumulative bonus (if any) and still require further hospitalisation for any related or unrelated illness, Reliance Health will refill the full Sum Insured at no extra cost.
6) What is multiplier benefit?
Under this benefit, during the first claim-free year, the sum insured will increase by
50% and the second claim-free year, the sum insured will be increased by 100%.
7) How can I claim OPD expenses from Reliance Health?
You may submit all original medical bills and prescriptions to the insurer for reimbursement of OPD expenses. But make sure OPD expenses are covered in your plan.
8) Is vaccination covered under OPD benefit of Reliance Health Insurance?
If supported by a medical prescription, vaccination will be covered under OPD benefit.
9) Can I choose multiple sum insured for my family members?
Yes, within the chosen variant, multiple sum insured can be selected for your dependents.