HDFC ERGO Car Insurance offers a robust, comprehensive, scalable and cost-conscious product that provides 100% protection and thereby ensures your peace of mind. A host of add-ons that provide additional protection against conditions that might not necessarily be covered in the main policy are classified into following 4 plans
- Silver Plan
- Gold Plan
- Platinum Plan
- Titanium Plan
|Loss of Use/Down time protection
|Engine and Gear Box
|No Claim Bonus (NCB) Protection
|Cost of Consumables
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Plans
- 24x7 support available round the clock for spot assistance and claim assistance
- Cashless coverage across 5000+ authorized network of garages in the country
- Third-party cover upto Rs 7.5 lacs
- Basic policy includes coverage against natural and man-made calamities, personal accident cover and liability to third-parties
- Fast and quick online purchase and instant renewal facility with simple, hassle free processing
Under this feature, the insurer provides accident cover to the person named in the policy right from the start of car insurance policy. The co-passengers or paid drivers mentioned in the policy too are covered. Beside this the policy also covers un-named individual apart from named one.
Third party liability:
Under this feature, in case of an accident to a third person involving the policy holder’s vehicle, the policy covers all the legal liabilities that would arise due to death or injury of the other party.
Additional legal liability towards paid Driver & Employee:
This feature coverspaid driver employed for the vehicle and employees travelling in or driving the vehicle apart from the driver, in case of any legalities, accidental death or disability caused to the driver.
Under this feature, policyholders are eligible to avail the full claim amount at the time of any unfortunate event. However, this excludes the cost of repair or replacement of tyres or batteries.
Bi Fuel Kit:
||% of depreciation
|Not more than 6 months
|exceeding 6 months to 1 year
|exceeding 1 year to 3 years
|exceeding 3 years to 4 years
|exceeding 4 years to 5 years
Under this feature, the CNG-LPG bi-fuel kit can also be covered as an add-on cover.
No Claim Bonus(NCB):
Under this feature, even if a claim has been registered during the policy year, the policyholder is eligible for NCB. This benefit can be availed even after 3 claims are made and if damage has been caused to the windshield glass or losses arising through external means, flood or earthquake.
Through an add-on cover, a new set of keys for the insured vehicle is delivered to the policy holder, in case the keys are lost. Also in the event of keys getting lost, the insured car is towed to a nearby safe location and kept in custody unless the owner arranges new sets of keys.
Return to Invoice:
Under this feature, the insurer pays the difference between the Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) and the actual purchase value (as listed in the vehicle’s invoice), in the case of a total loss or constructive total loss (liability is greater than 75% of the vehicle’s IDV). However, the exclusions to this rule
On site minor repairs:
For the insured vehicle, on site minor repairs pertaining to the mechanical or electrical breakdowns that render the vehicle immobile are provided.
Electrical/Non-Electrical accessories cover:
This add-on offers comprehensive coverage for accessories including but not limited to fog lights, music system etc. Also coverage against damages to fittings like alloy wheels, seat covers etc are offered.
Engine and Gearbox:
With this add-on, any damages to engine and gearbox caused due to waterlogging, oil leakages and accidental damages are covered.
Tyre change & towing:
Incase the insured vehicle endures a flat tyre, the same will be replaced with the spare tyre as supplied by the customer. And if it cannot be replaced then either the vehicle will be towed to the nearest repair shop or the customer ferried between the said shop and back to his/her vehicle.
Claim Process for HDFC Ergo Car Insurance (Step wise)
- Claims can be registered either through HDFC ERGO Mobile App or by calling customer care toll free number on 1800-2-700-700 and get a unique claim number.
- If the vehicle can be driven then take it to the nearest garage or dealer – get a repair estimate and fill up the claim form along with copy of RC and driving license of the person driving at the time of accident.
- If the garage is within HDFC ERGO’s network then cashless claim facility can be availed. However non accident related repairs, deductible and depreciation need to be paid.
- In case the garage is out of network, one has to get the claim reimbursed subsequently
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance –FAQs
1.How to renew HDFC Ergo car Insurance Policy online?
Policy can be renewed online easily without any hassle. Log on to https://www.hdfcergo.com/motor-insurance.html
and click “Instant Renewal” section on the right and enter policy number. Use your debit/credit card or Netbanking details to make the payment.
2.How can I check my HDFC Ergo Car Insurance policy status?
It’s easy to check policy status online. Click the link https://www.hdfcergo.com/customer-care/track-status.html
and provide the policy number for status.
3. How Can I buy HDFC Ergo Car Insurance online? What are the modes to pay online?
Visit HDFC ERGO’s website at https://www.hdfcergo.com/motor-insurance.html
and click “Buy Now” towards right side. It would then take you to a new page where vehicle details need to be filled up along with Coverage details. Options available both for new car and used car. Next it calculates the premium and takes you to the payment section. Online payments can be done through Debit card/Credit Card/Netbanking.
4. Can I use HDFC Ergo General Insurance branches to avail the services?
Yes, HDFC ERGO General Insurance branches can be visited to avail various services. The nearest branch address can be availed online or by calling customer care number.
5. What are the exclusions in the HDFC ERGO Car Insurance policy?
Car’s general wear and tear, electrical breakdowns, depreciation and damages caused by accidents caused under the influence of alcohol and manmade calamities are not covered by the policy.
6. Can liability only insurance policy is transferred to HDRC ERGO car insurance?
Yes, only NCB needs to be transferred to HDFC ERGO, which got accrued with previous insurer. After which you will get similar benefits that you enjoyed earlier.